This article provides information regarding importing user's data to the platform, pixels creation and adding them to campaigns.
Data Import is a feature that helps you upload customer information from external sources and integrate it into the platform.
To import data to the platform, proceed as follows:
- Go to the RTB tab in the main menu.
- Click Data import.
- Click Add data import.
- Fill in the New data import form:
- for Data provider, select the SSP that provides data;
- for Segment ID, select the pixel to upload data;
- for Data Storage, select the location where the data for importing is stored.
Two options are available S3 (Amazon Simple Storage Service) and URL.
If you select the URL option, type the Public URL.
- check Recurring import to have import refresh automatically; check Device based to define mobile device users.
If you select S3 (Amazon Simple Storage Service), you need to provide some details such as Bucket, Object Path, Access Key, and Secret Key.
- Click Save to finalize.
Before importing data from any external sources, you will need to create a Pixel to upload and keep information on the customers.
The structure of the file for the import should look like this:
Later when you create a pixel, you need to enter the value of the segment
in the External Segment ID field. For example, if your list for import looks like this:
Please enter mySegmentId in the External Segment ID field.
To create Pixels, follow the steps below:
- Go to the Pixels tab in the main menu.
- Click Add Pixel.
- Fill in the New Pixel form:
- for Status, select Active if you want this deal to be set live when it is created; select Inactive if you want this deal to be paused when it is created;
- for Pixel Name, enter the name;
- for Advertiser, select the client who will use this unit;
- for Pixel Group, select a group from the list or create a new one;
- for Pixel Type, select Data Pixel if you want to capture and retarget the audience; select Event Pixel if you want to track conversions;
- for External Segment ID, enter the segment you assign to the IDs in the list you want to import (for example, mySegmentId);
- for Lifetime, days, set the period during which the user’s data will be kept in the pixel.
- Click Save Pixel to save the changes.
To add Pixels to your Campaign, follow the steps listed below:
- In Campaign Ad Set, click Targeting.
- Click My Data.
- Check the Pixel you want to add and click Include. The Pixel will be marked as Include.
- Click Save Changes to finalize.